Mmmmm bacon. How can you go wrong? In my experience, you really can’t. For example, Mr. Ketchup said that these were almost too good. As in, they tasted too decadent. Really. Because of that, I’ve hesitated to post this recipe. There are many different ways of preparing bacon wrapped chicken tenders according to the the world wide web. Here is how I did mine.
First you start with some seasoning. My secret blend of five spices is what brings this dish to perfection. Okay I lied…it’s not a secret. You will find out at the end of this post. I do think the seasoning turned out well though, and I will be using this blend again.
I kept it simple and just baked these bad boys in a plain baking dish. If you wanted less fat, you could bake these on a rack over the pan….but where is the fun in that?
Like I said though, you can’t go wrong with bacon. I wouldn’t hesitate to try these on the BBQ when it’s nicer out. Feel free to experiment!
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large chicken breasts
- ½ package of bacon (8-10 slices)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Trim and slice breasts into tenders, about 2-3 tenders per breast depending on size.
- Pat tenders with seasoning. Wrap each chicken tender with one slice of bacon. Place tenders in baking pan or Pyrex dish, loose ends down.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is sliced with a knife.